We provide one-time appointments to individuals who simply need to meet with an attorney to obtain legal advice and guidance regarding a legal issue.
Our Coaching and Counseling Appointments provide in-depth individualized advice based on your specific situation rather than the general legal advice traditionally provided at consultations. Coaching and Counseling appointments can range from advice regarding how to handle a situation that has arisen at work, review and advice relating to severance, noncompete, nondisclosure (NDA), trade secret and other agreements, discipline, performance issues (including performance improvement plans), and investigations. We also review other types of agreements, give advice regarding ongoing issues with a supervisor, coworker, contractor, customer, client, or neighbor, and provide detailed instructions regarding how to respond to a dispute or bring issues to the other party’s attention, and the steps to take to reduce risk and protect your legal interests. We will strategize regarding the actions you should take based on your goals and we will provide you with a plan of action to reach your individual goals.
If, in our opinion, you need further legal representation, we will let you know, but we will also provide you with advice regarding how to handle the situation yourself because we realize that most people cannot afford ongoing legal representation for every issue that arises. If further legal representation is recommended, we will provide you with affordable options for our continued representation.
Coaching and Counseling appointments are charged a flat fee rate of $1500.00 per legal issue. The fee is paid before we work on your case and never increases no matter how much time we spend reviewing your documents or meeting with you. On average, a Coaching and Counseling appointment takes about four to five hours of our time. Using our regular hourly rate of $500 per hour, the fee for a Coaching and Counseling appointment would be around $2500.00. The Flat Fee rate of $1500.00 is intended to provide a discount of the hourly rate.
If your legal issue is complex or requires us to review numerous documents, a Coaching and Counseling Appointment may not be appropriate. Likewise, if you have no documents and just need advice, you should call our office to see how we can assist you. We will contact you before your appointment if you have signed up for a Coaching and Counseling Appointment but other services are more appropriate.
If you would like to schedule a Coaching and Counseling appointment online, please follow the steps below (if your legal issue has a deadline within the next 72 business hours, you should contact our office by phone at (425) 322-2848 to schedule your appointment):
- Please ensure that the subject matter of your legal issue is in an area we practice. Please call us if you are unsure. We cannot provide legal advice for issues outside our practice areas.
- Gather your documents and format them to a .pdf, .jpeg, or .doc file format. If you are unable to do this, please call us after you have completed the remaining steps. Please do not send us photos of documents.
- Complete an Intake Form, which will ask for your contact information and details regarding your legal issue. Attach your documents to the form and click submit.
- You will receive an email confirming that your Intake Form was submitted. The confirmation email will provide a link to the Agreement you need to review and sign. Please contact us if you have any questions about the Agreement before you sign it. If you do not have questions, sign the Agreement electronically on your smartphone or computer and click submit.
- After you sign the Agreement, you will be directed to make your Payment. The Flat Fee must be paid in full before scheduling your appointment. If we do not receive your payment before you schedule your appointment, the Agreement will be null and void and your appointment will be cancelled.
- After all of the above steps have been completed, you may Schedule Your Appointment for a date that is at least two business days after the date you sign your Agreement so we have time to review your documents and prepare for your appointment. You will receive an automated message confirming your appointment. You will also receive an email from a member of our staff welcoming you to the firm and confirming your appointment.
If any of the above steps are not completed, are performed out of order, or if we have not been given 48 hours to review your documents, your appointment will be rescheduled or canceled.
If you have any questions regarding scheduling a Coaching and Counseling appointment, please call us at (425) 322-2848.
We look forward to working with you!